Do you have a specific enrolment criteria?
Yes, as a registered and accredited Special Assistance School we are here for young people who require a small and inclusive learning experience that does it differently to mainstream schools.
With a limit of only 20 young people in 2023 we are keen to provide this opportunity to those young people in our community that can make the most of a fresh start and are interested in learning.
Does this sound like you?
- Looking for a school who does it differently
- Will enjoy being outside of a mainstream environment
- Will benefit from tailored support and interventions
- May have missed literacy and numeracy fundamentals
- Ready to invest in education
- Willingness to share previous schooling history, support strategies and adjustments
- May have a diagnosis, learning difficulties or mental health challenges
Can other schools refer young people to North Academy?
North Academy welcomes conversations from schools about suitability. Please feel free to reach out via Contact Us section of the website.
If a young person or their parents/carers are in Australia on a visa - is the student eligible for enrolment at North Academy?
Specific visa rules apply and are complex issues that change from time to time. At this stage we do not offer full or part scholarships or subsidies to students that are not eligible for government funding.
How will I know if my enrolment has been accepted?
The process will follow these steps:
- Parent/Carer to fill out online form from the website
- The Principal will review the application and supporting documents. If the criteria is met and we have a position available you may be invited to an interview
- North Academy will notify you by email to attend an interview
- North Academy will make a decision post interview if the application will proceed
- You will be notified by an official Letter of Offer from North Academy if successful OR you will be notified if not successful via email